The Weekend Special - Ludwig II of Bavaria - Love & ...





Source picture: Wikipedia

In 1867, the engagement of King Ludwig II of Bavaria and
Duchess Sophie Charlotte in Bavaria,
the youngest sister of Empress Elisabeth of Austria (Sisi)
was published.





















Source picture: Ludwig II and Duchess Sophie

Ludwig II canceled their engagement. He wrote his former fiancee a lettre:

'My beloved Elsa! Your cruel father has torn us apart. 
Eternally yours, Heinrich.'
The names Elsa and Heinrich were characters from a Wagner's Opera. 

Later, Duchess Sophie Charlotte in Bavaria married
Prince Ferdinand, Duke of Alençon.

She became the granddaughter-in-law of King Louis Philippe I of France.

More about King Louis Philippe I of France see my Today of History of October 6th. 
https://allaboutroyalfamilies.blogspot.be/2013/10/today-in-history-october-6th-1773-france.html

In my next blogpost I'll talk about King Ludwig's famous castles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is who? de Liedekerke family!

House of Wittelsbach - Between crazyness and excellence

Who was Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan?