The Weekend Special - Remembrance - In Flanders Fields Museum (Ypres - Belgium)

In my previous post of this Weekend Special I wrote about the historical facts
of World War I. Now I would like to talk about Ypres (Belgium),
which I visited a few years ago.

It is an amazing beautiful city with a lot of interesting
historical museums and buildings.

The most interesting museum is 'In Flanders Fields' located
on the Grand Place (Grote Markt) in the former Cloth Hall.
The building already is impressing.
After World War I the Cloth Hall was destroyed.
During the reign of King Albert I of Belgium and his wife Queen Elisabeth
the reconstruction works started. 


Travel  Ypres Belgium World War I















Own picture of The Cloth Hall in the evening

Visitors of the museum will not find a glorification of war.
It shows the futility of war.
It gives a lot of information about World War I.


Travel Posters Ypres World War I Belgium















Old posters (own picture)


Travel Posters Ypres World War I Belgium


















The renovated museum reopened in 2012.
Post a Comment