King Leopold III of Belgium was born on November 3rd. 1901 in Brussels.
Own picture: painting of Queen Astrid and Leopold III of Belgium taken in
the Royal Palace of Brussels.
King Leopold III was the son of King Albert I and Queen Elisabeth
(Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria, a niece of Empress Elisabeth of Austria (Sisi)).
King Albert I and Queen Elisabeth in Mexico in 1919 - Source picture: Wikipedia
Leopold III was married twice. His first marriage was in 1926 with Queen Astrid
(Princess Astrid of Sweden). In 1941 he married Lilian Baels.
Leopold III was the father of:
- Grand Duchess Joséphine- Charlotte of Luxembourg;
and King Albert II of Belgium.
With Lilian Baels he had 3 children:
and Princess Marie-Esmeralda.
Leopold III of Belgium - Source picture: Wikipedia
In 1951 he was forced to abdicate in favour of his eldest son Baudouin.
After his abdication he became an amateur anthropologist and entomologist.
He traveled around the world.
On September 25th. 1983 he died.
To read more about the Belgian Royal History check the page:
on top of this blog.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now