This Tree Tuesday picture is taken in 2004 in Cologne (Germany).
On the picture you can see the beautiful Rhine Park in Cologne and
of course a lot of trees. There also is the Cable Car sometimes called
the funicular. This funicular is special because it connects both sides
of the Rhine River.
* The Cable Car over the Rhine was opened on April 26th. 1957.
* Among the first guests were:
- Theodore Heuss, President of Germany;
- Konrad Adenauer, Federal Chancellor and then, Mayor of Cologne.
* In 1963 the Cable Car was closed.
* After a lot of discussions the Cable Car was moved to the Rhine Park
and reopened on August 22nd. 1966.
* the Cable Car is daily opened from March 20th. till November 1st.
* 50 cabins can carry 2,000 people in one hour
* Length: 935 meters