October 13th. 1679 marks the birth of Princess Magdalena Augusta of Anhalt-Zerbst.
Her parents were Karl of Anhalt-Zerbst and Duchess Sophia of Saxe-Weissenfels.
On June 7th. 1696 she married her first cousin, Frederick II, Duke of
Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg at Friedenstein Castle.
They would have 19 children. One of them, Augusta, would married in 1736
to Frederick, Prince of Wales. One of her children became King George III of
Great Britain. It made that Princess Magdalena Augusta of Anhalt-Zerbst was
the mternal grandmother of King George III of the United Kingdom.
Princess Magdalena Augusta of Anhalt-Zerbst died on October 11th. 1740
at the age of 60.
- Home Page
- About me
- Books Magazines Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now