June 18th. 1866 marks the birth of Prince Aribert Joseph Alexander of Anhalt.
This took place in Wörlitz (now Germany).
Prince Aribert was the fourth son of Frederick I, Duke of Anhalt and
Princess Antoinette of Saxe-Altenburg.
Love and Marriage
On July 6th. 1891, Prince Aribert married Princess Marie Louise
of Schleswig-Holstein, a granddaughter of
Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom.
Their wedding took place at the St. George's chapel in Windsor Castle.
The Bride's first cousin, Emperor William II of Germany, had arranged the
However in December 1900 Prince Aribert of Anhalt annulled their
Princess Marie Louise of Schleswig-Holstein regarded her vows as
binding, so she never remarried, although she disliked her husband.
There were historical reports that Prince Aribert was homosexual or
bisexual. He was known for his holiday on Capri, then an isle with
a reputation for attracting homosexual liaisons.
Interested in the bio of Princess Marie Louise of Schleswig-Holstein:
read this link.
November 12th. 1918
On November 12th. 1918 the Duchy of Anhalt became a Free state
of Anhalt, a state in the German Weimar Republic.
Prince Aribert of Anhalt died on December 24th. 1933 in Munich.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now