Duke Friedrich Paul Wilhelm of Württemberg was born on June 25th. 1797
in Bad Carlsruhe, (then a place in the Kingdom of Prussia, now renamed as
Pokój, a place in south-western Poland).
His parents were Duke Eugen of Württemberg and
Princess Louise of Stolberg-Gedern.
Duke Paul Wilhelm of Württemberg was a nephew of
Frederick of Württemberg, the first King of Württemberg.
Between 1822 and 1824, Duke Paul Wilhelm of Württemberg undertook
some expeditions to Cuba and North America.
There he kept a diary in which he described the places he visited.
Love and Marriage
On April 17th. 1827, Duke Paul Wilhelm of Württemberg married
Princess Maria Sophia of Thurn und Taxis in Regensburg.
They would have one son. However their marriage ended in a divorce
on May 2nd. 1835.
After her divorce, Princess Maria Sophia of Thurn und Taxis acquired
the Württembergische Palais in Regenburg. There she spent the rest of
Duke Paul Wilhelm of Württemberg lived at Schloss Mergentheim.
Later he gave the order to build a new Palace in Bad Carlsruhe.
This palace was called the Palais Paulusburg.
Unfortunately this wasn't finished until the year of his death.
Duke Paul Wilhelm of Württemberg died on November 25th. 1860.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now