Princess Louise of Savoy was born on August 1st. 1627 at the Hôtel de Soissons
in Paris (France).
Her parents were Thomas Francis, Prince of Carignano and Marie de Bourbon.
Through her mother, Princess Louise of Savoy was a granddaughter of
Louis de Bourbon, an uncle of King Henry IV of France. Her father was a
younger son of Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy and his Spanish wife,
Infanta Catherine Michelle of Spain
Love & Marriage
Princess Louise of Savoy married Margrave Ferdinand Maximilian of
Baden-Baden on March 15th. 1653 at the Eglise Saint -Sulpice in Paris.
The marriage itself was not successful because Princess Louise of Savoy
refused to leave the French court. However on April 8th 1655 she gave
birth to a son named Louis William of Baden-Baden. He was named after
King Louis XIV, his godfather.
Ferdinand Maximilian took his son away from her and brought him to
Baden-Baden. Later the couple lived separated.
Princess Louise of Savoy died on July 7th. 1689 in Paris. Her descendants
are inter alia Henri d' Orléans, Prince Napoléon, Duarte Pio, Duke of
Braganza, Prince Luiz of Orléans Braganza, King Juan Carlos I of Spain,
Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and King Albert II of Belgium.
Source picture: wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now