Louis de Lorraine was born on October 21st. 1527 in Joinville,
Champagne in France.
He was the fourth son of Claude, Duke of Guise and Antoinette
He was the younger brother of Charles of Guise, Cardinal of
Lorraine and Mary of Guise, Queen consort of King James V
On May 11th. 1545, at the age of 18, Louis de Lorraine was made
Bishop of Troyes.
On 27th June 1550 he was transferred to the see of Albi.
On December 22nd. 1553 he was created cardinal by Pope Julius III.
On May 9th. 1561 he received the archbishopric of Sens but he
resigned it in 1562 to Cardinal de Pellevée.
On February 13th. 1575 he crowned Henry III of France at Reims.
He had a illegitimate daughter: Anne d' Arne.
Louis de Lorraine died on March 29th. 1578 in Paris.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now