OTD 12 October 1978 A bespoken royal visit in Belgium

Recently, I saw this poster during an 2018 Exhibition about my hometown
Sint-Niklaas (Sinnekloas Boven) in Belgium.



Royal visit to Sint-Niklaas



The poster showed the program of the celebrations on the occasion of the
Royal visit of 12 October 1978.  However there was a small hitch.


On 11 October 1978, Prime Minister Leo Tindemans said:
"For me the constitution is not just a small piece of paper.
I leave this tribune, I go to the King and I offer the
resignation of the government." This happened indeed,
the government fell the same day.


So, on 12 October 1978 it was only Queen Fabiola of Belgium who brought a
visit to Sint-Niklaas.


My husband (I wasn't born then yet) remembered her visit very well. He said
all the scholars went out to greet the Belgian Queen.


All ended well, because on 26 October 1978 King Baudouin
(in Dutch: Boudewijn) of Belgium finally could make a visit
to Sint-Niklaas.


I really like the way how posters of important royal events are
preserved at Sint-Niklaas.




King Baudouin of Belgium and Queen Fabiola (1993)
Screenshot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is who? de Liedekerke family!

House of Wittelsbach - Between crazyness and excellence

Noble Families Ullens de Schooten