Bookreview The Darkest Hour

As the tragic history of World War II really fascinates me, I'm always
interested in books and movies about Winston Churchill. So, I decided
to read the book The Darkest Hour, written by Anthony McCarten.

At the end of September 2019, I also saw the movie The Darkest Hour.
I must say, I both liked them, however strange but true, this time the movie
was slightly better than the book.





The Darkest Hour is about May 1940, when the Nazi's overwhelmed Europe,
states and even democracies fell under their rule and dictatorship.

In Britain, Winston Churchill just had become Prime Minister. He and the
country had one important choice:

- making peace with the Nazi's;
- to continue fighting against Hitler and Nazi Germany.





I think the movie shows the desperate feelings of Winston Churchill the best.
It was a very interesting story and movie about the difficult choices that
people can make.

I read the Dutch version of The Darkest Hour, translated: 
In Duistere Tijden. 







Pictures: screenshots

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is who? de Liedekerke family!

House of Wittelsbach - Between crazyness and excellence

Who was Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan?