George I Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt

George I Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt, was born on 10 September 1547 in
Kassel, nowadays located in Germany.



Family


His parents were Philips I, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt and Christine of
Saxony. 

His paternal grandparents were William II, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt
and Anna Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

His maternal grandparents were George, Duke of Saxony and Barbara 
Jagiellon, herself a daughter of King Casimir IV of Poland and Elisabeth of
Austria.

George I, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt was thus a member of the House
of Hesse-Darmstadt.





Love and Marriage


On 17 August 1572 George I Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt married to
Magdalene of Lippe. She was a daughter of Bernhard VIII, Count of Lippe
and Catherine of Waldeck -Eisenberg.

Duty

Georgen I, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt recieved the County of
Katzenelnbogen and he selected Darmstadt as his residence. 

Death

On  7 February 1596, George I Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt died.
He became 48 years old. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is who? de Liedekerke family!

House of Wittelsbach - Between crazyness and excellence

Who was Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan?