Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta was born in 1932 in Santo Domingo.
At the age of 18 he left the Dominican Republic.
He studied at the Academy of San Fernando in Madrid (Spain).
He was trained by Cristóbal Balenciaga (famous Spanish Fashion Designer).
Later Oscar de la Renta left Spain and moved to Paris (France).
There he worked at Lanvin.
From 1993-2002 Oscar de la Renta worked for the house of Balmain.
He was the first Dominican to design for a French Couture House.
Nowadays the designer creates a lot of things:
- Bridal wear;
- Accessories line;
He even designed Tortuga Bay, a boutique hotel at PUNTACANA Resort & Club.
The Spanish Royal family is a huge fan of him.
King Juan Carlos of Spain offered Oscar de la Renta two awards:
- Gold Medal of Bellas Artes;
- La Gran Cruz de la Orden de Merito Civil.
Oscar de la Renta is the chairman of the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute
Queen Sofia Spanish Institute is an organization in New York City
founded to promote the Spanish language and culture.
It is located on Park Avenue in the former Oliver D.Filley House.
He died on October 20th. 2014.
Source pictures - Wikipedia:
- Oscar de la Renta
- Cristóbal Balenciaga
- Queen Sofia Spanish Institute in New York.
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now