On June 1st. 1815, Otto, son of Ludwig I of Bavaria, was born in Schloss
Mirabell in Salzburg (Austria).
Own pictures of Schloss Mirabell in Salzburg (Austria)
At that time Salzburg was a part of the Kingdom of Bavaria.
In 1832, Otto became the King of the modern Greek State.
Otto's Entry in Athens - Source picture: Wikiepdia
During his reign there were a lot of problems inter alia:
- partisanships of the Greeks;
- financial uncertainty;
King Otto of Greece - Source picture: Wikipedia
Otto tried to rule as an absolute monarch. In September 1943 there was a revolution.
People asked for a Constitution.
Painting of the September revolution in 1843 - Source: Wikipedia
In 1862, there was a new coup against Otto I of Greece.
The King and Queen fled on a ship back to Bavaria (Germany).
In 1867, Otto I died in Bamberg (Bavaria).
He is buried in the Theatiner Kirche (Church) in Munich.
Theatiner Kirche of Munich - Source: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now