From 1863 till 1924 and from 1935 till 1973, a new Royal Family ruled over Greece.
They were members of the House of Glücksburg.
Royal Standard of the Kingdom Greece (1936 - 1967) -
Source picture: Wikipedia
The House of Glücksburg is a German Ducal House with a lot of
junior branches of Royal Families through all Europe.
This is a short summary:
Royal Coat of Arms - Source: Wikipedia
- Iceland (now a republic);
Coat of Arms of Iceland
Royal Coat of Arms of Norway - Source picture: Wikipedia
Wappen Herzog of Schleswig-Holstein - Source: Wikipedia
- House of Windsor (United Kingdom) via Prince Philip
(husband of Queen Elizabeth).
Coat of Arms of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh; husband of Queen Elizabeth.
As you can see, there are a lot of relatives from the former
Greek Royal Family.
And by marriage there are more ...
I'll will tell you more in my next blogposts ...
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now