Well, as promised, here are some inside views of the Achilleion Palace @ Corfu.
The beautiful staircase in the entrance hall, marble, red and white colors and a
lot of mirrors.
Sisi's private chapel at the Achilleion Palace.
Her writing table with a telegraph.
Her day bed.
It was lovely to be in a Palace were Sisi had peace and showed her love for
Corfu and for Greece.
After Sisi's death, Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany bought the castle.
In my next blogpost I'll tell you more about that owner,
later I will make a blogpost about Mon Repos in Corfu Town.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now