On May 16th. 1770, the Wedding of Louis (then Dauphin of France)
and Marie Antoinette took place at the Royal Palace of Versailles.
Palace of Versailles - Source: Wikipedia
The bride wore a dress designed by Rose Bertin. Rose Bertin opened
a shop on the Rue Saint-Honoré in Paris.
Painting of Rose Bertin - Source: Wikipedia
The French people were against this alliance between France and Austria.
Marie Antoinette was seen as a unwelcome foreigner. Besides that,
the young weds had an aimable but distant marriage.
Later the two became closer.
They had 4 children:
- Marie-Thérèse- Charlotte
- Louis-Joseph- Xavier-François
Queen Marie Antoinette and her children - painting - Source: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now