Beautiful clothes, jewelry, palaces and other buildings...
Queen Marie Antoinette had it all.
Queen Marie Antoinette - Source: Wikipedia
Such things costed a lot of money. Queen Marie Antoinette
received the nickname Madame Déficit.
Some buildings (palaces) for the queen:
1/ Petit Trianon
Versailles - Petit Trianon - Source picture: Wikipedia
The Petit Trianon was ordered by Louis XV for his mistress
Madame de Pompadour.
Louis XVI gave it to Marie Antoinette for her exclusive use and enjoyment.
2/ Queen's Hamlet or in French Hameau de la Reine
Farmhouse - Source picture: Wikipedia
This was a village in Versailles built around 1875.
The village contained a farmhouse, a mill and a tower in the form of a lighthouse.
Queen Marie Antoinette wanted to life as a peasant woman, far away from the
Since 1990's this is renovated and open for public.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now