On November 1st. 1611, William Shakespeare's romantic comedy 'The Tempest'
was presented for the first time before King James I and the English Royal Court
@ Whitehall Palace.
scene from 'The Tempest' - Source: Wikipedia
King James recieved the number I in England and Ireland.
In Scotland he had the number IV.
King James I of England - Source: Wikipedia
King James was the son of Mary, Queen of Scots.
He was married Anne, Princess of Denmark.
Queen Consort Anne - Source: Wikipedia
The Palace of Whitehall was the main residence of the English Monarchs from
1530 till 1698. It was the largest palace of Europe. On January 4th. 1698 it
was destroyed by a fire.
The Old Palace of Whitehall - Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now