On November 4th. 1650, William III of England was born.
During his life two types of calendars were used in Europe:
the Julian Calendar in Britain
and parts of Northern and Eastern Europe; the Gregorian Calendar
elsewhere including Williams Birth Place The Netherlands.
So actually William III was born on November 14th. 1650
by the Gregorian Calender and on November 4th. by
the Julian Calender.
William III was a sovereign Prince of Orange of the
House of Orange-Nassau by birth.
He governed as stadtholder over Holland, Gelderland, Zeeland,
Utrecht, Overijssel and the Dutch Republic.
On November 4th. 1677, William married Mary in
Saint James's Palace.
They had no children. Unfortunately she had some miscarriages.
Her childless would be the greatest source of unhappiness of her life.
From 1689, he reigned over England and Ireland as
William III and in Scotland as William II. His nickname was 'King Billy'.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now