Today in History - January 12th. 1562 - Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy

Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy was born on January 12th. 1562 in the
Castle of Rivoli, Piedmont (now Italy).


Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy
Source picture: Wikipedia

His parents were Emmanuel Philibert, Duke of Savoy and Margaret of France,
Duchess of Berry. Charles Emmanuel was a descendant of :

Manuel I of Portugal;
Louis XII of France. 

Charles Emmanuel I married his first cousin Catherine Michelle of Spain.
They had 10 children.


Catherine Michelle of Spain
Source picture: Wikipedia

On July 26th. 1630, Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy died. 

Now the historical territory of the Duchy of Savoy is shared between 
the countries: Switzerland, France and Italy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is who? de Liedekerke family!

House of Wittelsbach - Between crazyness and excellence

Who was Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan?