Happy Weekend Picture - City Hall of Delft in The Netherlands

In 2013, I went together with my husband and with Oscar Meijer, creator of the Dutch
blog 'De Staat van Oranje', see next link to Royal Delft.

Delft is a city located in the Netherlands between Rotterdam and The Hague. Delft
also is known for its association with the Dutch Royal Family, which made it an
interesting visit for me.

Travel City Hall Delft The Netherlands
Delft City Hall - own picture


Due to my work, I'm interested in City Halls too and this one really is a beauty,
restored in its Renaissance style.

In this magnificent building there are portraits from the Counts of Orange and
Nassau. 

The Tower called the 'Stone' or in Dutch het 'Steen' was originally built in 1300.
In the tower there is an old city prison where Balthasar Gérard, the murderer
of William the Silent was taken captive before sentencing.

With this post I'd like to thank all of you for the support with the likes, the
reshares and your comments. Besides that I'd like to wish you a very good 
weekend too!

Travel City Hall Delft The Netherlands
Delft City Hall The Netherlands - own picture

On next link you can see my other blogpost about Delft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is who? de Liedekerke family!

House of Wittelsbach - Between crazyness and excellence

Who was Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan?