- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now
Noble Families: History of the House of Komorowski (Poland)
During the latest State visit from Belgium to Poland, King Philippe
mentioned the connection of his wife, Queen Mathilde,with Poland.
Poland is a country located in central Europe, bordered by
Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belarus and Lithuania, it has
a long (royal) history with a lot of noble families.
One of them even has a royal link to Belgium. It is the house of
Komorowski, with their ancestral seat in the Duchy of Belz.
The Komorowski family has its roots due to Dymitr Komorowski .
One of his descendants Piotr was appointed count of Liptov and Orava
in 1469 by King Matthias Corvinus of Hungary.
In 1781 a Jakub Komorowski was granted the rank of
Count by King Sanislaw August Poniatowski.
Link with Belgium
A member of the House of Komorowski is countess
Anna Maria Komorowska, who was born on September 24th. 1946
in Bialogard Poland.On this link, you can see pictures of her.
Anna was a child of Count Leon Michal Komorowski and Princess
Zofia Sapieha. However their family had to escape from Poland and
they lost their family jewels.
It has been said that due to Queen Elisabeth of Belgium, the family
could move to then Belgian Congo. Later they moved to Belgium.
On September 11th. 1971 Anna married a Belgian nobleman
Jonkheer Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz in Hannut. They would have
Rank in the Belgian nobility
When their eldest daughter, Mathilde, married then Crown Prince
Philippe of Belgium in December 1999, King Albert granted
Mathilde's family the rank of counts in the Belgian nobility.
Source pictures: Wikipedia