In Dessau, on October 1st. 1794 a noble boy was born.
He received the names: Leopold Frederick.
His parents were Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Dessau
and Landgravine Amalie of Hesse-Homburg.
On August 9th. 1817 Leopold Frederick succeeded his grandfather, Leopold III,
Duke of Anhalt-Dessau.
On April 18th.1918 he married Princess Frederica Wilhelmina of Prussia.
They would have 6 children (2 of them died shortly after their birth).
On November 27th. 1847 he inherited the Duchy Anhalt Köthen. This merged
later as the Duchy's Anhalt Köthen Dessau. In 1863 Leopold received Bernburg.
He used the title Duke of Anhalt.
On October 29th. 1848 Duke Leopold was forced to make a constitution.
In 1859 there already came a new version of it.
Leopold Frederick, Duke of Anhalt, died on May 22nd. 1871. He was
succeeded by his son Frederick.
House of Anhalt
The House of Anhalt (also known as Ascania) was founded in 1036 and
dissolved in 1918. Its members ruled inter alia in Germany, Russia,
Ukraine, Latvia, Belarus and more countries.
The capital of Anhalt was Dessau (north east Germany).
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now