John Sigismund was born on November 8th. 1572 in Halle as the son
of Joachim III Frederick, Elector of Brandenburg and
Catherine of Brandenburg-Küstrin.
On October 30th. 1594 John Sigismund married Anna of Prussia.
They would have 8 children.
In 1608 he succeeded his father as Margrave. In 1618 he became
Duke of Prussia.
John Sigismund's most remarkable action was his conversion from
Lutheranism to Calvinism. He won over for Calvinism during a visit
John Sigismund, Elector of Brandenburg died on December 23rd. 1619
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now