On December 5th. 2014, Queen Fabiola of Belgium died at Stuyvenberg Castle
in Laeken, near Brussels. She became 86 years old.
Doña Fabiola de Mora y Aragón was born on June 11th. 1928 at the
Palacio Zurbano in Madrid.
Her parents were Gonzalo de Mora Fernández Riera del Olmo,
Marqués de Casa Rièra and his wife Blanca de Aragón y Carrillo de
Albornoz Barroeta-Aldamar y Elio. Doña Fabiola was the 6 th. of the
7 children of this couple.
Love & Marriage
On December 15th. 1960 Doña Fabiola married King Baudouin of Belgium.
The marriage ceremony took place at the Cathedral of St. Michael and St.
The Queen Fabiola Mountains in Antartica are named in her honor.
Unfortunately the Royal couple had no children, later Queen Fabiola told
that she had 5 pregnancies which ended in a miscarriage.
On July 31st. 1993 King Baudouin died in Motril (Spain) and Queen
Fabiola became Queen Dowager, although she stayed very active till
a high age.
She also had a special sense of humor, when she received anonymous
death threats she brought an apple during the military parade
at the Belgian National Day => William Tell.
On December 5th. 2014 the Royal Palace announced that Queen Fabiola
has died. She was buried at the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula
in Brussels on December 12th. 2014.
For her funeral a lot of Royal Guests came to Brussels:
Empress of Japan;
Queen of Denmark;
King and Queen of Sweden;
King of Norway accompanied by his sister Princess Astrid;
King Juan Carlos of Spain;
Queen Sofia of Spain;
Princess Beatrix of The Netherlands;
members of the Royal Family of Luxembourg;
and the Sovereign prince of Liechtenstein.
One song was very typical for Queen Fabiola of Belgium.
It is the olé olé song, sing by a choir and Queen Fabiola's niece.
You can listen to it on this link.
- Home Page
- About me
- Books Magazines Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria Children & Grandchildren 1
- Descendants of Queen Victoria Great-Grandchildren 2
- Descendants of Queen Victoria Great Great Grandchildren 3
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now