March 17th. 1605 marks the birth of George II, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt.
This took place in Darmstadt.
Darmstadt is a city in the state of Hesse in Germany, located in the southern part
of the Rhine-Main-Area (near Frankfurt).
His parents were Ludwig V and Magdalene of Brandenburg.
His maternal grandfather was Johan Georg Elector of Brandenburg.
Love & Marriage
On April 1st. 1627 George II married Sophia Eleonore of Saxony.
They would have 15 children.
From 1645 till 1648 George led the Hessenkrieg or the war against
Amalie Elisabeth of Hesse-Kassel over the inheritance of the extinct
line of Hesse-Marburg.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now