April 18th. 1590 marks the birth of Ahmed I Bahti. This took place in Manisa,
a city in the Agean Region in Turkey (then Ottoman Empire).
Ahmeds parents were Sultan Mehmed III and Handan Sultan.
He belonged to the House of Osmanli.
Love & Marriage
Ahmed I married 3 times:
- Mahpeyker Sultan;
- Mahfiruz Sultan;
- Fatma Sultan.
He had more than 12 children. The most famous were:
- Osman II;
- Murad IV;
- Ibrahim I.
In 1603, at the age of 13, Ahmed succeeded his father as sultan of the Ottoman
He was known for his skills in poetry, horseback riding, and his fluency in
Ahmed I interfered with two wars and a revolt
- Ottoman Safavid War (1604-1606);
- War with the Austrian Habsburgs (1604-1606);
- Jelali Revolt.
Ahmed I became most famous for his contribution of the Blue Mosque,
also called the Sultan Ahmed Mosque, in Istanbul.
Ahmed I died on November 22nd. 1617 in Istanbul.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
Author picture Blue Mosque: Ken Jones
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now