April 16th. 1663 marks the birth of Alexander Sigismund von der Pfalz-Neuburg.
This took place in Neuburg an der Donau (Germany).
His parents were Philip William, Elector Palatine and
Landgravine Elisabeth Amalie of Hesse-Darmstadt.
Alexander Sigismund was their fifth son.
From an early age it became clear that Alexander Sigismund was destined for
Clergy. Therefore he was sent to the Jesuits in Neuburg an der Donau and
later in Düsseldorf.
On February 10th. 1681 Alexander Sigismund von der Pfalz - Neuburg was
appointed as coadjutor (assistant) bishop of Ausburg.
On April 1st. 1690 he succeeded Johann Christoph von Freyberg-Allmendingen
as Prince Bishop of Ausburg.
In 1714 Alexander Sigismund suffered from mental illness and he had to give
up his duties in 1718.
On January 24th. 1737 Alexander Sigismund von der Pfalz-Neuburg died in
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now