On June 21st. 1788 a very noble girl was born in Munich.
She received the names:
Princess Augusta Amalia Ludovika of Bavaria
(in German: von Bayern).
Her parents were King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria and
Augusta Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt.
Love and Marriage
Initially she was promised to Charles, the heir of Baden, until
He ordered a wedding between Princess Augusta of Bavaria
and Eugène the Beauharnais, Napoleon's stepson.
Princess Augusta's father gave his son in law the title:
Duke of Leuchtenberg.
Finally this political marriage turned out to be a happy one.
They would have 7 children.
Princess Augusta of Bavaria died on May 13th. 1851, at the
age of 62, in Munich.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now