June 23rd. 1456 marks the birth of Margaret of Denmark, sometimes referred as
Margaret of Norway. This took place in Copenhagen.
Her parents were King Christian I of Denmark (also from Sweden and Norway)
and Dorothea of Brandenburg. Margaret of Denmark had two brothers John and
Love and Marriage
In 1460, Margaret was betrothed to James of Scotland. This marriage was an
arrangement on the advice of the King Charles VII of France.
In July 1469, at the age of 13!, Margaret married James III, King of Scotland
in Holyrood Abbey.
This Royal Couple would have 3 children:
King James IV,
James Stuart, Duke of Ross and
John Stewart, Duke of Mar.
Margaret became very popular in Scotland. The Queen was described as
gentle, beautiful and sensible.
Margaret died on July 14th. 1486 at Stirling Castle. There are some rumors
around her death that John Ramsay, 1st. Lord Bothwell, gave poison to her
but this was never proved.
Margaret was buried at Cambuskenneth Abbey, near Stirling in Scotland.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now