September 15th. 1864 marks the birth of Prince Sigismund of Prussia.
He was born at the New Palace in Potsdam, Germany.
Prince Sigismund of Prussia was the fourth child and third son of
Crown Prince William Frederick of Prussia and Victoria, Princess Royal.
He was thus a grandchild of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom (through
his mother) and from Wilhelm I, German Emperor (through his father).
Prince Sigismund of Prussia died from meningitis on June 18th. 1866. He
was the first grandchild of Queen Victoria, who died.
Prince Sigismund was buried in the Royal Mausoleum of the
Friedenskirche (Church of Peace) in Potsdam.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now