December 10th. 1472 marks the birth of Anne de Mowbray, 8th. Duchess of
Norfolk. This took place at Framlinghang Castle in Suffolk, England.
Her parents were John Mowbray, 4th. Duke of Norfolk and Elizabeth Talbot.
Her maternal grandparents were John Talbot, 1st. Earl of Shrewsbury and his
second wife Lady Margaret Beauchamp.
With the death of her father in 1476, Anne became a very wealthy heiress.
Love and Marriage
At the age of 5! she married at St. Stephen's Chapel in Westminster to
Richard of Shrewsbury, 1st. Duke of York. He was a son of
King Edward IV and Queen Elizabeth Woodville.
On November 19th. 1481, Anne died in Greenwich, London, two years
before her husband disappeared in the Tower of London with his elder
brother King Edward V.
Anna was entombed in the Chapel of St. Erasmus of Formiae in
Westminster Abbey, however due to later restorations of the Chapel
and a move to the Abbey of the Minoresses, her coffin disappeared.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now