On October 22nd. 1383, King Ferdinand I of Portugal died without a male heir.
Source picture: Wikipedia
King Ferdinand I of Portugal married Leonor Telles de Menezes.
They had one daughter, Beatrice of Portugal, which survived childhood.
And a daughter couldn't become a Queen.
In 1385, the problem was solved.John I became King of Portugal.
John I was the natural son of Peter I of Portugal (Beatrice's grandfather)
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now