On October 25th. 1760, George III became King of the United Kingdom.
He was a member of the House of Hanover, although he didn't like this.
He proclaimed in the parliament:
Born and educated in this country, I Glory in the name of Britain.
He chose English as first language.
During his reign there were a lot of wars.
Source picture: Wikipedia
George also bought Buckingham House, now known as Buckingham Palace
as his family estate.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now