On November 27th. 1635, Madame de Maintenon was born.
Madame de Maintenon - Source picture: Wikipedia
Madame de Maintenon married King Louis XIV of France during a private ceremony
blessed by Archbishop of Paris. Her marriage with the French King was never
officially announced or admitted.
She had influence on King Louis XIV not in politics but in the intrigues on the
Royal court. Due to Madame de Maintenon, King Louis XIV granted a high
nobility title to his natural children.
After the death of King Louis XIV of France Madame de Maintenon withdrew
her from court. She founded a school for young girls coming from
impoverished noble families (like she did).
Madame de Maintenon died in 1719. She became 83 years old.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now