On December 11th. 1792, King Louis XVI of France was brought to the Temple to
stand before the convention and hear his indictment:
an accusation of high treason and crimes against the state.
@ the picture: King Louis XVI in the Temple.
The Temple was a medieval fortress in Paris (France).
Source picture: Wikipedia
In 1806, it became a place of pilgrimage for royalists.
Napoleon gave the order to demolish the fortress.
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now