OTD February 24th.1848 Louis Philippe I of France abdicated

On February 24th.1848, King Louis Philippe I of France abdicated.


King Louis Philippe I of France.
Source picture: Wikipedia

King Louis Philippe I of France was born on October 6th. 1773 in Paris.

In 1809 he married Princess Maria Amalia of Naples and Sicily. 


Maria Amalia of Naples and Sicily
Source picture: Wikipedia

They had 10 children.

King Louis Philippe I of France supported the Belgian Revolution in 1830.
Then Belgium separated from The Netherlands.

In 1832, the eldest daughter of King Louis Philippe I of France, Louise-Marie, 
married King Leopold of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (the first King of Belgium).

In 1848, King Louis Philippe I of France went on exile in England. 
He died on August 26th. 1850 in Claremont (United Kingdom).

His remains (and those of his wife) were taken to Dreux in France. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is who? de Liedekerke family!

House of Wittelsbach - Between crazyness and excellence

Who was Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan?