On September 21st.1722 the birth took place of
Princess Gisela Agnes of Anhalt-Köthen.
Her parents had been Leopold, Prince of Anhalt-Köthen and
his wife Frederica Henriette of Anhalt-Bernburg.
When her father died, in 1728, without a male heirs, he was
succeeded by her uncle Augustus Louis of Anhalt-Köthen.
Princess Gisela Agnes claimed that she was the heir and she
took this case to the Imperial Chamber Court. Later she was
compensated for her lost and she received money, some estates
and some of her father 's collections.
On May 25th. 1737 Princess Gisela Agnes married her first
cousin Prince Leopold II Maximilian of Anhalt-Dessau. This
marriage was described as happy. They would have 7 children,
Princess Gisela Agnes of Anhalt-Köthen died on
April 20th. 1751 at the age of 28.
She was buried in the St. Mary's Church in Dessau.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now