December 2nd. 1848 was an important date in the history of the House of Habsburg.
On This Day Franz Joseph became: Emperor of Austria. He entered the throne
to make an end to the revolutions of 1848. Therefore he was helped by chancellor
The name Franz Joseph was chosen to remind his great-grand uncle Emperor
Joseph II, who ruled as a modernising reformer.
With the help of Prince Schwarzenberg, the new Prime Minister, Emperor
Franz Joseph granted a constitution in early 1849.
Of course Franz Joseph became famous as the husband of Empress Elisabeth
'Sisi' of Austria, which he married in 1854.
For more information about the House of Habsburg, check this link.
For more information about the Travels of Sisi, check this link.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now