On July 27th. 1599, Albert IV, Duke of Saxe-Eisenach was born as
a son of Johann, Duke of Saxe-Weimar and Dorothea Maria of Anhalt.
Albert received his education from field Marshall Frederick of Kospoth.
Later he studied at the university of Jena, just like his brothers.
Between 1619 and 1621 Albert made a Study Tour together with his
brother, John Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Weimar.
The two princes traveled inter alia to France and to Switzerland.
From 1621 till 1626 he made some administrative work in the Duchy
and he represented his brother during his absence.
On June 24th. 1633 Albert married Dorothea of Saxe-Altenburg. This
marriage stayed childless and she survived her husband for more than
Due to an accord with his brother Albert received the Duchy of
Eisenach in 1640.
Albert died on December 20th.1644 at the age of 45. After his death
his state was merged with Saxe-Weimar.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now