Ernest Casimir, Count of Nassau-Dietz was born on December 22nd. 1573
in Dillenburg (Germany).
His parents were John VI, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg and Countess
Elisabeth of Leuchtenberg.
After the death of John VI the County of Nassau was divided between
his 5 living sons. Ernest Casimir succeeded him as Count of Nassau-Dietz.
Ernest Casimir served under Maurits, Prince of Orange during the
Eighty Years War. He also served under Frederick Henry, Prince of Orange,
by the siege of the cities Steenwijk and Oldenzaal.
In 1607 Ernest Casimir married Sophie Hedwig of Brunswick-Lüneburg.
They would have nine children.
Ernest Casimir owned little in Friesland (now part of The Netherlands),
however he was very popular there.
During the siege of Roermond Ernest Casimir was killed by a bullet
on June 2nd. 1632. He was succeeded by his son as Count of Nassau-Dietz.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now