Anna Maria of Brandenburg - Ansbach was born on December 28th. 1526 at
Jägerndorf as a daughter of George, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach
and his second wife Hedwig of Münsterberg-Oels.
Anna Maria of Brandenburg - Ansbach was raised with the Lutheran faith
and on February 24th. 1544 she became the wife of
Christof, Duke of Württemberg. 12 Children were born from this marriage.
In 1568 Anna Maria of Brandenburg- Ansbach lost both her husband and her
eldest son. After that drama she fell madly in love with the young Landgrave
George I of Hesse - Darmstadt. She became confused and was locked up.
Later George I of Hesse-Darmstadt would marry Eleonore. She was one of
Anna Maria's daughters.
Anna Maria of Brandenburg-Ansbach died on May 20th. 1589 in Nürtingen,
a town in southern Germany. She was buried at the
St. George's Collegiate Church in Tübingen.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now