Henry Casimir II of Nassau-Dietz was born on January 18th. 1657 in
The Hague (The Netherlands) as the eldest son of
Willem Frederik of Nassau-Dietz and Albertine Agnes of Nassau.
In 1664 Henry Casimir was made stadtholder of Friesland and Groningen.
Due to his age, his mother took the guardianship.
In 1683 Henry Casimir married his cousin:
Henriëtte Amalia of Anhalt-Dessau. The couple would have 9
Henry Casimir II died on March 25th. 1696 (at the age of 39)
in Leeuwaarden. There he was buried in the family crypt.
After his death Henry Casimir II was succeeded by his son
John William Friso.
Source pictures: wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now