Friedrich Eugen was born on January 21st. 1732 as the fourth son of
Duke Karl Alexander of Württemberg and Princess Maria Augusta
of Thurn und Taxis. This event took place in Stuttgart (Germany).
On November 2nd. 1753 Frederick Eugene married Margravine
Friederike of Brandenburg-Schwedt. They would have 12 children
and many Royal descendants:
- Queen Elizabeth II of The United Kingdom;
- King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden;
- King Juan Carlos I of Spain;
- King Harald V of Norway;
- King Willem Alexander of The Netherlands;
- King Philippe of Belgium;
- Queen Margrethe II of Denmark;
- Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.
In 1786 Frederick Eugene was made lieutenant-general by his elder
brother, Charles Eugene, Duke of Württemberg.
In 1795 Frederick Eugene became Duke of Württemberg due to the
death of his elder brothers (and the lack of male heirs).
He died on December 23rd. 1797 in Hohenheim.
Source picture: Wikipedia.
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now