On January 31st. 1746, Frederick Louis, Prince of Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen was
born as a son of Henry August, 1st. Prince of Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen and
Countess Wilhelmine of Hohenlohe-Oehringen.
Already as a boy Frederick Louis entered the Prussian army. Due to his rank
he became a major and in 1775 he became Lieutenant-Colonel.
In 1778 he took part in the War of the Bavarian Succession. After the death of
Frederick the Great he was made Major General.
In 1791 Frederick Louis became governor of Berlin.
In 1794 he commanded the troops on the Rhine and he distinguished himself in
many great events. Frederick Louis was popular in the Prussian Army, even
Blücher wrote about him that he was a leader of whom the Prussian Army could
However on October 29th. 1806 the capitulation of Pasewalk took place
in Germany, this ended in a victory for the French Army of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Frederick Louis of Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen had to spend 2 years of his life
as a prisoner of France, after that he withdraw from the Prussian Army
and he stayed at his estates.
Frederick Louis died on February 15th. 1818 in Upper Silesia (now a part of
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now