February 22nd. 1760 marks the birth of Princess Sophie of Saxe-Hildburghausen.
This took place in Hildburghausen, now located in Germany.
Her parents were Ernest Frederick III, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen and
Princess Ernestine of Saxe-Weimar.
Her godparents were inter alia:
* The Danish Royal Couple;
* The King of Poland;
* Regents of the Houses of Saxe-Coburg, Saxe-Weimar, Mecklenburg and
On March 6th. 1776, Princess Sophie of Saxe-Hildburghausen married the
Hereditary Prince Francis Fedrick Anthony of Saxe-Saalfeld. She was at that
time 16. He was already in love with his future wife:
Countess Augusta Reuss of Ebersdorf.
I made already a Today in History about Francis Frederick Antony,
Duke of Saxe-Saalfeld. You can read the blogpost on this link.
Princess Sophie of Saxe-Hildburghausen died on October 28th. 1776 from
influenza. She remained childless and she was buried in the crypt of the
St. Moritz Church in Coburg.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books Magazines Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now