Robert I (also called the Good) was the first Count of Artois and a son
of King Louis VIII of France and Blanche of Castille.
In 1237,by his majority, Robert received the County of Artois
as an appanage in accordance to the will of his father.
On June 14th. 1237 Robert married Matilda, daughter of
Duke Henri II of Brabant and Marie of Hohenstaufen.
They would have 2 children:
- Robert II
In 1240 Pope Gregory had a conflict with Emperor Frederick II and the
Pope offered the crown to Robert, but the French count refused.
Robert I died on February 8th. 1250 during a reckless attack
in Al Mansurah (now Egypt) during the 7th. crusade.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now