On March 14th. 1866 the birth took place of Alexey Troitsky. This happened in
St. Petersburg, then located in Imperial Russia.
Troitsky is considered to be one of the greatest composers of chess endgame
He also is widely regarded as the founder of the modern art of composing
Troitsky published more than 750 studies and 50 cases. He also wrote several
books about chess.
In 1928 Troitsky was honored by the Soviets and in 1934 he received the title
Master of Sports.
On August 14th. 1942 Troitsky died in Leningrad. It is considered that he died
of starvation during World War II during the Siege of Leningrad.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now