March 28th. 1737 marks the birth of Francois-Henri de Franquetot de Coigny.
This took place in Paris, France.
He was the son of Jean Marquis de Coigny and the grandson of a Marshal of
France: François de Franquetot de Coigny.
Love & Marriage
According to some sources Francois-Henri de Franquetot de Coigny was
married. His wife was Marie Jeanne de Bonnevie. They would have 2
Already at the age of fifteen, François-Henri de Franquetot de Coigny entered
the Musketeers. He served the first time during the Seven Year's War as a
cavalry general and he took part in the conquest of Hanover.
In 1771 François-Henri de Franquetot de Coigny was promoted as Colonel-
General of the Dragoons.
In 1772 he was appointed as governor of Cambrai.
In 1789 the revolution broke out and François-Henri de Franquetot de Coigny
decided to emigrate. Later he entered the Portuguese army.
After the abdication of Emperor Napoléon I he finally returned to France. There
Louis XVIII made him a peer of France and Governor of Les Invalides.
In 1816 François-Henri de Franquetot de Coigny became Marshal of France,
like his grandfather.
Francçois-Henri de Franquetot de Coigny died on May 19th. 1821 in
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now